The Shire of Williams has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible children must;
- Live within the Shire of Williams
- Be aged 5 – 18 years
- Have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty you may visit a KidSport referral agentto determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the Shire of Williams. The list of registered clubs is continually growing, if the club you would like to join is not currently registered, please contact the Shire on 9885 1005 to discuss if it is eligible to become a registered club.
It is preferred that children applying for KidSport funding register with clubs within the Shire of Williams, but it is not essential.
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained below or by visiting the Shire of Williams Council offices during normal office hours
- Parent/Guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Attend the Shire of Williams Council offices to have the voucher validated. Ensure you bring your health care card/pension concession card/referral form and photo ID confirming your residential address is within the Shire of Williams.
Alternatively you can post your completed voucher, along with a copy of your health care card/pension concession card/referral form and photo ID to:
Attn: Kidsport, Shire of Williams, PO Box 96, WILLIAMS WA 6391
Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.
To print a KidSport Brochure, click here.
To print an Application Voucher, click here.
To print a Club Registration Form, click here.