Jesse Martin Museum
This unique collection of memorabilia from the Williams district (and others) has been compiled by passionate local farmer, Jesse Martin. The project began in 1976, with the building of a replica inn, complete with original fittings and has grown to encompass a general store and other replica buildings, farm machinery and an extensive collection of various paraphernalia. Located on 4ha of the family farm, this private collection is available for viewing by appointment only, a donation to cancer research is asked as entry fee.
For further information and bookings phone 9885 1118.
Dryandra Woodland is located approximately 25kms north of Williams. This 22,000 hectare forest is well known for its bird and animal life including woylies, numbats, wallabies, kangaroos and possums and for its varied plants and trees. In spring the forest abounds in wild flowers. Accommodation is available.
For further information contact the Department of Conservation and Land Management (08) 9881 1113 or (08) 9334 0333
Williams Heritage Trail
The Heritage trail was developed by the Williams Historical Society, Williams District High School and Williams Shire Council. The trail explores early areas settlement and has two sections - a 1km walk around the townsite and a 35km scenic drive to Quindanning.
Click here to download the Heritage Trail Brochure.
Located on the banks of the Williams River the park is a popular and pleasant place for a barbecue or picnic, used by locals and travellers alike. Public BBQs are provided, they are electric BBQs and require coin payment to operate. The park also offers public toilets which are regularly maintained. Branching off from the park is a riverside walkway which also serves as a dog exercise area. Please use this to ensure your dogs don't mess in the BBQ area and use the bags and bins provided to keep the walkway pleasant for all users.
For a relaxing walk or cycle, the cycleway begins at the Shell Roadhouse and runs along the river.
Williams Nature Reserve
The Williams Nature Reserve is located 10km north west of the Williams townsite. It is set aside for the conservation of flora and fauna and has long been visited by locals and wildflower enthusiasts. Following development of the site it now provides visitors with suitable access and day-use facilities such as parking, information, a lookout and picnic table. Turn off the Albany Highway into McKenzie Road, which is well signposted. It is hoped that a longer walktrail will be established at the site in the near future.