The Williams Refuse Site is located approximately 1km from the town, on the Narrogin Road and is open on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 3pm.
You will find the Refuse Site Fees on page 1 of our 'Schedule of Fees & Charges', via the quick-link to the left of this page.
Household Refuse Collection
Councils waste contractor, Avon Waste collects ‘wheelie bins’ early Tuesday mornings. Damaged bins or new services etc. are to be reported to the Shire Office who will make appropriate arrangements with Avon Waste.
Rubbish bins are picked up every Tuesday.
Recycling bins are picked up fortnightly (every other Tuesday).
- Please ensure that you only place truly recyclable items in the yellow-lidded bin.
- This does not include possibly re-usable items such as crockery, clothing, household goods or wooden items.
- It also does not include compostable items such as grass clippings, household scraps, leaves or sticks.
- Dangerous items such as used nappies or sharps must never be placed in a recycling bin!
- If you collect your recyclable items in a plastic bag, please do not add the bag to the yellow-lidded bin. Tip all the items out of any bag that you've collected them in, and let them fall into the bin, then put the bag in your general rubbish bin.If you put a plastic bag full of recyclable items into the yellow-lidded bin, none of it will be recycled, due to Occupational Health & Safety Standards.
Click here for a schedule of recycling bin pickup days 2016 / 2017.
Click here for a list of what can and can't be recycled.
Drop off points for recyclable glass, newsprint paper and aluminium cans are located near the Shire Works Depot on Williams Road.
Used Oil Collection Facility
This new facility is located at the Council Depot on Williams Road. Residents are encouraged to dispose of their used oil at the facility.
DrumMuster is now up and running at the Refuse Site. Bring your drums up at any time when you are visiting the Refuse Site during operating hours (Wed, Sat & Sun from 9am to 3pm).